In my eagerness to blog about Sunday’s congregational meeting, I skipped over the fun from earlier in the weekend: Extraordinary Spouse and I went to Chicago to celebrate our 15th anniversary! It was nearly two months late, but we got to go without the girls, thanks to a visit from Grandma. (Everybody wins!) Here’s what we did with our 24 hours:
- Y-Φ gets a massage. I think she was still feeling relaxed the next day. (Thanks, Dennette!)
- Check in to our hotel – a suite at the Hampton Inn downtown. Not too fancy, but we like having free breakfast and internet and a kitchenette table for playing new games (see below). (We generally like the 24-hour coffee, as well, but it was sub-par this time.)
- Supper at Karyn’s Cooked. A delicious vegan restaurant, with an atmosphere perfectly suited to our personalities. (Thanks for the recommendation, Steph!)
- Strolling the Magnificent Mile, including a stop at Marbles.
- Playing “Flip Out“, our new game from Marbles.
- Touring the Art Institute of Chicago. (We frequently heard parents encouraging their children to go just a little farther. We were glad to go at a leisurely pace.)
Including the years when we were dating, OS and I have now been together for over 20 years. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. It doesn’t seem that long at all.
Happy Anniversary, Y-Φ!
- The view outside our hotel: Trump Tower
- The view inside our hotel: Us
- The Chicago River
- Cloud Gate (a.k.a. The Bean)
- A noble cause
- “A Sunday on La Grande Jatte” by G. Seurat
- Outside the Art Institute