I won’t claim that these are my all time favorite smells, but they are somewhat unique and help define me. In no particular order:
- Acetic acid – Yes, I like the smell of vinegar.
- Prairie dropseed – About this time of year, this grass takes on a very heavy and earthy smell that also reminds me of Italian seasoning.
- Fresh bread – This, of course, is not always conducive to maintaining proper weight.
- Benzaldehyde – Go take a whiff of the almond extract in your kitchen cupboard.
- Freshly ground coffee – I don’t really care for the taste of black coffee at all. (Mocha is a different story.) However, the smell is wonderful.
And some honorable mentions:
- The damp, woodsy smell in the mountains of western Pennsylvania – You just don’t want that smell in your basement.
- The mixture of mower exhaust and freshly cut grass – This smell is also polluting the air, but I still like it. I don’t get that smell with my mower.
- Isoamyl acetate – Think ripe bananas.